Title: Senior Attorney
Tom Ehrström is a Senior Attorney in D&I’s Dispute Resolution team. His main area of expertise includes both arbitration and litigation. Tom has experience from both international and domestic complex arbitration proceedings under the FAI, SCC and ICC Rules and from Expert Determination proceedings.
He graduated from the University of Helsinki in 2010. Prior to joining Dittmar & Indrenius in 2013, Tom worked in the Dispute Resolution and Capital Market groups of Mannheimer Swartling in Stockholm. Tom has also studied law at Uppsala University (2009-2010).
Tom is a member of the Finnish Bar Association.
Joined Dittmar & Indrenius: 2013
Education: University of Helsinki (LL.M. 2010), Uppsala University 2009-2010 (Commercial procedural and contract law).
Languages: Finnish, Swedish and English
Memberships: Finnish Bar Association, Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS), Young Arbitration Club Finland (YACF), Juridiska föreningen i Finland r.f., AIJA - International Association of Young Lawyers.
- Representing clients in pending multimillion euro cross-border FAI arbitrations.
- Acting as secretary to the Sole Arbitrator in a multimillion FAI arbitration arising under a business sale agreement.
- Advising a leading supplier of advanced machinery in an ICC arbitration involving multimillion euro claims.
- Representing a foreign company in an international multimillion euro ad hoc arbitration regarding the supply of a production line to a Finnish Company.
- Advising a global IT services provider in a multimillion euro dispute concerning several IT projects.
- Representing a large pharmaceutical company in an SCC arbitration concerning a milestone arrangement under a share purchase agreement.
- Representing a global beverage company in an SCC arbitration concerning complex competition law issues and distribution agreements.