Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has made sanctions compliance a top concern for Finnish companies. In addition to EU sanctions, many companies need to comply with US and UK sanctions that are especially far-reaching. At the same time, investigations and enforcement of sanctions are rapidly increasing in all relevant jurisdictions.
In light of this development, we have the pleasure of inviting you to join us for a seminar on sanctions compliance held in collaboration with Debevoise & Plimpton’s sanctions specialists from the US and the UK.
The seminar will address:
- Insights on sanctions compliance and challenges in Finland and in the EU
- Recent trends in US and UK sanctions against Russia, and what may come next
- Sanctions enforcement in the US and the UK, and what to expect in 2023 worldwide
- Overlap between sanctions and anti-corruption legislation and enforcement
- Russia’s response to Western sanctions, and challenges it presents to Western companies
Our guest speakers include:
- Jane Shvets, a partner at Debevoise & Plimpton in the firm’s White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group and International Sanctions Compliance & Enforcement Group. She regularly advises clients on sanctions issues and leads internal and government investigations into alleged violations of anticorruption and sanctions laws.
- Konstantin Bureiko, an international counsel at Debevoise & Plimpton and member of the firm’s White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group and International Sanctions Compliance & Enforcement Group. Mr. Bureiko regularly advises and represents multinational clients on UK trade and financial sanctions issues. He is widely renowned as one of the most authoritative lawyers advising in this field.
Warmly welcome to this timely seminar!
If you would like to participate but didn’t get an invite, please contact: [email protected]